Supplemental Health Insurance
Many people have an insurance policy through their employer or maybe they have taken the time to purchase a private policy on their own. No matter what kind of coverage you have, the expenses that policy does not cover could cause you financial hardship in the event you suffer a serious illness.
Consider a Supplemental Health Insurance Policy
Making sure you check out the right supplemental health insurance policy is important.
- Many people who are self employed purchase private policies. However, some of these policies only cover major medical occurrences.
- This is the perfect time to use an additional policy for paying your out-of-pocket costs. In a worst case scenario, an illness could be devastating enough to cause you to be unable to work.
- Some policies will pay you cash for helping to pay your bills and buy groceries in addition to making up medical costs not covered by your existing policy.
- This is certainly a need you gain when you are undergoing a serious illness that limits your ability to work.
- Coverage for individuals with certain diseases allow for special treatment options.
- An individual diagnosed with cancer that has a supplementing policy may receive some full payment benefits.
- Some companies offer special cash benefits for terminal illnesses such as cancer for patients to use for anything they may need outside of medical care.
- The same is true for most long-term illnesses with this same type of policy.
Supplementing Medicare Insurance
People old enough to have Medicare certainly should consider adding supplementing medical coverage. Many types of the care you may need are not covered by Medicare. Applicants should remember there is a certain time you are allowed to add supplemental insurance to your Medicare policy. This time period starts on the first day of the month. Applicants must also have Medicare coverage Part A or B to be eligible as well.
Some companies call this type of insurance defined benefit coverage because of dollar amounts specified for certain aspects of medical care. For example, if you had to be hospitalized, your policy may state a payout of $1,000 per day for this kind of care. Many companies also offer great monetary benefits for prescription drugs as well. This is certainly a big bonus for those people on Medicare.
If you worry about being covered for pre-existing conditions, you will be happy to know many of the plans for supplemental health insurance does cover them. However, you will most likely have to wait a certain period of time before coverage takes effect. Keep in mind the medications provided to you under a former plan for any of these conditions are most likely not going to be covered.
Are you looking for the best rate possible for the coverage you need? The only way to do this in your area is to search our directory of local health insurance agents or to compare health insurance quotes from multiple providers. Look around our site, learn about different insurance products, and find local agents or national companies by entering your zip code into one of our convenient forms located on every page.
Leave a Reply